The End Of Time Part Two
1 January 2010
David Tennant (the Doctor)
Timothy Dalton (The Narrator / Lord President), John Simm (The Master), Catherine Tate (Donna), Jacqueline King (Sylvia Noble), Bernard Cribbins (Wilfred Mott), David Harewood (Joshua Naismith), Tracy Ifeachor (Abigail Naismith), Lawry Lewin (Rossiter), Sinead Keenan (Addams), Alexandra Moen (Lucy Saxon), Karl Collins (Shaun Temple), Teresa Banham (Governor), Barry Howard (Oliver Barnes), Paul Kasey (Ood Sigma), , Billie Piper (Rose Tyler), Camille Coduri (Jackie Tyler), Freema Agyeman (Martha Smith-Jones), Noel Clarke (Mickey Smith), John Barrowman (Captain Jack Harkness), Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith), Jessica Hynes (Verity Newman), Russell Tovey (Midshipman Alonso Frame), Thomas Knight (Luke Smith), Claire Bloom (The Woman), Julie Legrand (The Partisan), Brid Brennan (The Visionary), Krystal Archer (Nerys), Lacey Bond (Serving Woman), Lachele Carl (Trinity Wells), Paul Kasey (Ood Sigma), Ruari Mears (Elder Ood), Max Benjamin (Teenager), Silas Carson (Voice of Ood Sigma), Brian Cox (Voice of Elder Ood), Nicholas Briggs (Voice of Judoon), Dan Starkey (Sontaran).
|Written by||Russell T. Davies|
|Directed by||Euros Lyn|
|Produced by||Tracie Simpnon|
It’s the Tenth Doctor’s final journey – but his psychotic nemesis the Master has been reborn, on Christmas Eve. With both determined to cheat death, the battle ranges from the wastelands of London to the mysterious Immortality Gate, while the alien Ood warn of an even greater danger approaching, as a terrible shadow falls across the entire Universe.
- The prophecy of the Tenth Doctor‘s death was given by Carmen in Planet of the Dead. The Immortality Gate was alluded to by the Trickster in The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith.
- This story leads on from the Doctor’s fleeting glimpse of insanity in The Waters of Mars, whereupon he was summoned by Ood Sigma. This results in a return to the Ood Sphere, last seen in Planet of the Ood.
- The Doctor claims that as part of his delay he married Queen Elizabeth I, but presumably has fled the scene. This explains why the monarch was so angry to see him At The end of The Shakespeare Code.
- The events of Utopia / The Sound of Drums / Last of the Time Lords are recalled at various points, particularly with reference to the Master’s role in the episodes.
- Clips from previous episodes are shown as part of Donna’s mind recalling her time with the Doctor, taken from The Runaway Bride, The Fires of Pompeii, Planet of the Ood, The Unicorn and the Wasp and Journey’s End. The latter episode is also referenced by Wilf, along with The Poison Sky.