6 February 1984
Rodney Bewes (Stien), Rula Lenska (Styles), Del Henney (Colonel Archer), Maurice Colbourne (Lytton), Chloe Ashcroft (Professor Laird), Philip McGough (Sergeant Calder), Terry Molloy (Davros), Jim Findley (Mercer), Sneh Gupta (Osborn) , Roger Davenport (Trooper), John Adam Baker , Linsey Turner (Crewmembers), William Sleigh (Galloway) , Brian Miller, Royce Mills (Dalek Voices), John Scott Martin, Cy Town, Tony Starr, Toby Byrne (Dalek Operators), Les Grantham (Kiston) .
|Written by||Eric Saward|
|Directed by||Matthew Robinson|
|Produced by||John Nathan Turner|
Captured in a Time Corridor, The Doctor and his companions are forced to land on 20th Century Earth, diverted by The Doctor’s oldest enemy – the Daleks. It is here that the true purpose of the Time Corridor becomes apparent: after 90 years of imprisonment,
Davros, the ruthless creator of the Daleks, is to be liberated to assist in the resurrection of his army. But not even the Daleks foresee the poisonous threat presented by their creator. Indeed, who would suspect Davros of wanting to destroy his own Daleks – and why? Only The Doctor knows the truth.
But will he be capable of descending to Davros’ level of evil in order to stop him?
- Tegan quotes her dead aunt Vanessa to justify her decision to stay on Earth.
- Tegan encounters a future incarnation of the Doctor in Good Companions, although she has by then begun to think of her adventures with the as dreams and doesn’t recognise the future Doctor.
- When the Doctor’s mind is scanned, we see his previous incarnations and companions, mostly represented by two-second media clips including, : Turlough, Tegan, Nyssa, Adric, Romana II, Romana I, K9, Harry Sullivan, the Fourth Doctor, Sarah Jane Smith, Jo Grant, the Brigadier, Liz Shaw, the Zoe Heriot, Victoria Waterfield, Jamie McCrimmon, the Second Doctor, Ben Jackson, Polly, Dodo Chaplet, Sara Kingdom, Katarina, Steven Taylor, Vicki, Barbara Wright, Ian Chesterton, Susan and the First Doctor. A prepared clip of Leela was unfortunately omitted from the sequence by mistake.
- Lytton and the two silent policemen return in Attack of the Cybermen.
- In production order, Davros’ next encounter with The Doctor occurs in Revelation of the Daleks,in which he claims to have survived his previous encounter with Fourth Doctor by using an escape pod to abandon his spaceship before it exploded, however, it does not explain how he survived his encounter with the Movellan virus.
- The Big Finish audio Davroshas since been inserted between these two stories, it also ends with a spaceship exploding but does not explain how Davros survived the Movellan virus. Presumably he managed to reach an escape pod before the prison exploded, and his life-support system shut him down while it fought off the infection.
- The Daleks use time corridor technology to travel between their space craft, the space station and Earth.
Order the DVD