We Are The Daleks
Sylvester McCoy (The Doctor), Bonnie Langford (Melanie Bush), Kirsty Besterman (Serena Paget), Angus Wright (Alek Zenos), Mary Conlon (Celia Dunthorpe), Robbie Stevens (Niles Bunbury/Frank Lewis), Ashley Zhangazha (Brinsley Heaton), Lizzie Roper (Shari), Dominic Thornburn (Afrid), Nicholas Briggs (The Daleks).
The year is 1987, and Britain is divided. In Bradford, strikers are picketing and clashing with the police. In the City of London, stockbrokers are drinking champagne and politicians are courting the super-rich. The mysterious media mogul Alek Zenos, head of the Zenos Corporation, is offering Britain an economic miracle. His partners wish to invest – and their terms are too good to refuse.
While The Doctor investigates Warfleet, a new computer game craze that is sweeping the nation, Mel goes undercover to find out the truth about Zenos’s partners.
The Daleks have a new paradigm. They intend to conquer the universe using economic power. The power of the free market!
Written By: Jonathan Morris
Directed By: Ken Bentley
|Written By:||Jonathan Morris|
|Sound Design:||Wilfredo Acosta|
|Number of Discs:||2|
|Physical Retail ISBN:||978-1-78178-541-6|
|Recorded Dates:||5th and 6th January, 2015|
|Recorded At:||The Moat Studios|
- Mel previously encountered both the Daleks and Davros on Lethe. The Daleks recognise her from this encounter. (The Juggernauts)
- Mel claims that 1987 is a year into her future, (Head Games) something that both Business Unusual and The Wrong Doctors contradict.
- A Dalek says, “Would you like some vol au vents?” (The Power of the Daleks)
- The Doctor describes the Dalek mutant as a”bubbling lump of hate”. (Death to the Daleks)
- Shari mentions that The Doctor have helped the Thals before. (The Daleks, Planet of the Daleks)
- The Doctor says, “I say, you’ve had the place redecorated. I don’t like it.” (The Five Doctors)
- The Doctor comments, “Lead on, McDalek!” (The Time of the Daleks)
- The Dalek Emperor believes that using children as battle computers is a good strategy because they enjoy it. They would later use a young girl, Judith Winters, as their battle computer in November 1963. (Remembrance of the Daleks)
- The Doctor refers to the fact that he defeated the Daleks using the Human Factor during his second incarnation. (The Evil of the Daleks)
- The Doctor creates a time storm on Skaro. (Dragonfire)
- Upon the destruction of the Daleks, The Doctor comments “Ashes to ashes, rust to rust.” (Remembrance of the Daleks)
- Celia Dunthorpe makes herself Prime Minister of the Daleks. (Asylum of the Daleks)
- At the end of the story the building-sized Dalek is left on Skaro, suggesting it is the same as the one which appears at the beginning of Asylum of the Daleks.
- Serena Paget has a car phone. She is surprised that Mel has a mobile phone.
- The Doctor informs the Daleks that he has many names.