“This isn’t Hell, ” The Doctor assured her.“It’s only a sequel.”
Stand by for an exciting new adventure with Dr Who and his companion, Jason. Once again, our time-hopping friends set out to seek injustice, raise rebel armies, overthrow dictators and beat up green monsters.
But this time, Dr Who faces a deadly new threat: a genocidal rogue Time Lord and his army of combat-hardened, gun-slinging warrior women. To make matters worse, this foe is a twisted version of the good Doctor himself – and if Dr Who and Jason can’t stop him, he’ll end all life on Detrios and Earth.
Armed only with their wits and with the modest power of control over reality, our heroes must face Dr Who’s evil double: the megalomaniac scientist who calls himself simply… ‘The Doctor’.
- Head Games is the forty-third Virgin New Adventures novel. It features the Seventh Doctor, Bernice Summerfield, Roz Forrester and Chris Cwej.
- Ace regards The Doctor as”a bastard, but our bastard”.
- The Doctor gives Benny a UNIT pass that used to belong to Jeremy Fitzoliver.
- Roz Forrester judges a captured Mel not worth rescuing.
- Chris wonders whether he and rebel Kat’lanna might end up sleeping together.
- Melanie Bush left Sabalom Glitz after six months and tried to hitch hike to Earth. Six months after that she was stuck on the planet Avalone. The Doctor knew she was there and thought she’d settled down on the planet.
- Mel was last seen (chronologically) in Dragonfire. Head Games continues her story after Dragonfire, and explains what led her to leave.
- This novel is a sequel to Conundrum, which in turn was a sequel to The Mind Robber.