Doctor Who Series 2 Volume 3 DVD
Number of DVDs: 1
DVD Number: BBCDVD1962
Duration: 137 minutes
David Tennant steps into the role of the Doctor for the second new series of Doctor Who. Following the phenomenal success of the first series, that took British television by storm in 2005, this second instalment is full of new thrills, new laughs, new heartbreak and some terrifying new monsters. Includes the episodes:
– Part one of two, The Cybermen make their debut in the new series, the first time since Silver Nemesis, in 1988
– Part two of two. The Cybermen advance, will The Doctor escape, a friend leaves.
– It’s the Queen Elisabeth 2s cornonation
- The second series of British science fiction programme Doctor Who began on 25 December 2005 with the Christmas special “The Christmas Invasion“. Following the special, a regular series of thirteen episodes was broadcast, starting with “New Earth” on 15 April 2006. In addition, two short special episodes were produced, a Children in Need special and an interactive episode, as well as 13 TARDISODEs.
- Unlike series 1, the main production team did not feature Mal Young. Instead, Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner carried on as executive producers and Phil Collinson continued in his role as the main producer – an arrangement that persisted through to series 4’s Journey’s End.
- The main story arc for the season was the Torchwood Institute, referenced only twice previously, which served to lead up to the final episodes as well as the Torchwood spin off series.