Peter Davison (the Doctor), Janet Fielding (Tegan), Jane Perry (Katherine Chambers), Richard Grieve (James Clarke), Dait Abuchi (Michael Tanaka), Janie Booth (Eve Morris), Zehra Naqvi (Jodi Boyd), Jef Higgins (Waiter), Nicholas Briggs (Alan Fitzgerald), Belinda Hoare (Rosemary Stark)
On the morning of 22 September 2006, Tegan woke up. She was expecting to spend the day relaxing at home and, that evening, tolerate a party thrown to celebrate her 46th birthday. But things don’t always go as expected, it’s been over twenty years since she chose to leave the Doctor. She’s got a job, mates. a life.
Meanwhile her friend, Katherine Chambers, makes a decision that could change all their lives, and Tegan discovers that you can never really escape the past
- The Gathering was the Fifth Doctor’s entry in a loose trilogy of stories surrounding an attempted Cyberman invasion of Earth, further detailed in The Harvest and The Reaping. It also takes place concurrently with The Veiled Leopard.
- Tegan sarcastically asks the Doctor whether he expected her to be the new James Bond.
- The story states that something will cause the Doctor to lose some of the memories of his fifth incarnation, seemingly after his next regeneration.
- The Doctor attempts Venusian aikido. (The Mind of Evil, Inferno, The Claws Of Axos, Day of the Daleks, The Time Warrior)
- Tegan has had no contact with the Doctor since she left the TARDIS in 1984. (Resurrection Of The Daleks) She inquires after Turlough, whom she learns has likewise ceased travelling with the Doctor in the interim. (Planet of Fire)