The Veiled Leopard
Nicola Bryant (Peri), Caroline Morris (Erimem), Sophie Aldred (Ace), Philip Olivier Hex), Lizzie Hopley (Lady Lillian Hawthorne), Alan Ruscoe (Peter Mathis), Steven Wickham (Gavin Walker), Stephen Mansfield (Jean, the Commissionaire)
In 1966 Monte Carlo, two teams of companions from two different Doctors are in attendance At The same party. One has been sent to steal the Veiled Leopard diamond, and another to prevent its theft…
The Seventh Doctor has previously talked to the Fifth Doctor about a plan to stop the theft of the Veiled Leopard, a precious diamond which contains a code to rebuild a world which was lost. They talked about returning it to its owners. Peri and Erimem stop the jewel thief and return it to its safe, completely ignorant that it is, in fact, a piece of alien technology.
Ace and Hex go to find the diamond to steal it. Luckily, this happened after Peri and Erimem stopped the jewel thief. This time, the Doctor has explained why it is so important. Unfortunately, they arrive too late and have to stop another thief who is trying to steal the diamond so that The owner can become even more rich. Ace finds a shortcut, and stops the thief, but before she can leave, she must explain herself to Peri, Erimem and a few other people.
- Before the events of this story from their perspective, Peri and Erimem observed the Doctor arguing with a “kooky little guy in a weird pullover” who kept staring At them strangely. They are curious as to his identity.
- Ace and Hex use the Doctor’s sonic screwdriver.
- Erimem now has a full head of hair and notes she has no desire to shave her head again.
- Peri, Ace and Hex all refer to the James Bond film series. Peri mentions that she used to watch the films with her late father Paul Brown while growing up and compares the
- Casino Majestique in Monte Carlo in 1966 to the sort of venue frequently featured in the films.
- Ace mentions Upstairs, Downstairs while Hex mentions the Carry On film series.
- The Fifth and Seventh Doctors give all of their respective companions the pseudonym “Smith.”
- Hex learns that Ace’s true first name is Dorothy.