Last of the Colophon
Tom Baker (The Doctor), Louise Jameson (Leela), Gareth Thomas (Morax), Jane Goddard (Nurse Torvik), John Voce (Chief Surveyor Hardwick), Jessica Martin (Deputy Surveyor Sutton), Blake Ritson (Pilot Kellaway)
The TARDIS lands in the cargo hold of luxury space cruiser the Moray Rose. The crew and passengers are missing. The agents of Inter-Galaxy Insurance are determined to find out what’s happened and the shadowy Interplanetary Police Inspector Efendi is showing a very particular interest.
Caught up in all this, The Doctor and Leela find themselves facing a horde of metal mantis-like aliens. But throughout it all, Leela is haunted by terrible nightmares and the dawning realisation that everything she knows about her life is a lie.
Written By: Nicholas Briggs
Directed By: Nicholas Briggs
- Last of the Colophon was the fifth story in the third series of The Fourth Doctor Adventures.
- The survey ship Oligarch was sent to Colophos by the Third Imperial Consortium, of which The Doctor has never heard.
- The Third Imperial Consortium is ruled by an emperor.
- Leela refers to Xoanon. (The Face of Evil)
- Leela tells Morax that she has previously seen “men with boiled faces” referring to The Master and possibly Magnus Greel. (Trail of the White Worm, The Oseidon Adventure, The Evil One, The Talons of Weng Chiang)
- Leela compares the Citadel to a Horda’s warren. (The Face of Evil)
- The Doctor considers taking Leela to the Eye of Orion but dismisses the idea, claiming that it is not in season. (The King’s Demons, The Five Doctors)
- Leela refers to the fact that she has fought invisible enemies before. (The Face of Evil)
- The Doctor tells Morax that he has previously met other invisible lifeforms. (The Daleks’ Master Plan, The Ark, Planet of the Daleks)
- Leela refers to the janis thorn. (The Face of Evil)