The Evil One
The TARDIS lands in the cargo hold of luxury space cruiser the Moray Rose. The crew and passengers are missing. The agents of Inter-Galaxy Insurance are determined to find out what’s happened and the shadowy Interplanetary Police Inspector Efendi is showing a very particular interest.
Caught up in all this, the Doctor and Leela find themselves facing a horde of metal mantis-like aliens. But throughout it all, Leela is haunted by terrible nightmares and the dawning realization that everything she knows about her life is a lie.
Written By: Nicholas Briggs
Directed By: Nicholas Briggs
- The Evil One was the fourth story in the third series of The Fourth Doctor Adventures.
- Using gold as currency fell out of favour in the late 21st century.
- The Doctor considers that “Efendi” is Turkish for “Master”.
- Andor ordered Leela to take the Test of the Horda shortly before she met the Doctor, but her father Sole demanded to take it in her place. (The Face of Evil)
- When Calvert accuses him and Leela of being pirates, the Doctor jokingly suggests that they will make him walk the plank. The Doctor would later be forced to walk the plank himself by the Captain on Zanak. (The Pirate Planet)
- The Master poses as the Great Xoanon. (The Face of Evil)
- Both the Master and the Doctor’s TARDISes possess symbiotic nuclei. (The Two Doctors)
- While under the Master ‘s control, Leela tries to kill the Doctor with a janis thorn. The Doctor reminds her that he created an antidote to the janis thorn’s poison on her planet. (The Face of Evil)
- Leela recalls her previous encounters with the Master in Derbyshire in 1979 and Oseidon. (Trail of the White Worm / The Oseidon Adventure)
- Leela recalls that her father was very proud of her when she made her first kill. However, he placed his arms around her to comfort her as he knew that she was upset that it marked the end of her childhood. (The Night of 1000 Stars)