“We’re not like you – we can’t be whole on our own.”
Seeking respite after the traumatic events in the thirtieth century, the Doctor and Chris travel to 1950s London. But all is not well in bohemian Soho: racist attacks shatter the peace; gangs struggle for territory; and a bloodthirsty driverless cab stalks the night.
While Chris enjoys himself at the mysterious and exclusive Tropics club, the Doctor investigates a series of ritualistic murders with an uncommon link – the victims all have no past. Meanwhile, a West End gangster is planning to clean up the town, apparently with the help of the Devil himself. And, in the quiet corridors of an abandoned mental hospital, an enigmatic psychiatrist is conducting some very bad therapy indeed.
As the stakes are raised, healing turns to killing, old friends appear in the strangest places – and even toys can have a sinister purpose.
- Bad Therapy was the fifty-seventh Virgin New Adventures novel.
- Peri Brown spent twenty-five years with Yrcanos. She waited for the Doctor on Thoros Beta for a month.
- Chris prefers blonds. He gets shot in the shoulder.
- The Doctor can identify blood samples by taste, as he does in The Christmas Invasion.
- This is the first Virgin New Adventures novel where the Doctor is sporting his tweed outfit that he would wear in his regeneration story. (The TV Movie)
- Although she does not seem to remember it, Peri briefly witnessed the Seventh Doctor arguing with his fifth incarnation during her travels with his younger self and Erimem. Peri, who was unaware of his identity, described him as being “a kooky little guy in a weird pullover” and was curious as to why he kept staring strangely at Erimem and her. (The Veiled Leopard)