Maureen O’Brien (Vicki), Peter Purves (Steven)
When the TARDIS lands in a dilapidated attic, the Doctor, Vicki and Steven discover they are on Earth, in London… in Number 10 Downing Street.
However alien forces are at play here, affecting the very fabric of the building… and adjusting the very essence of history itself.
- Upstairs was the seventy-first release in the Companion Chronicles audio range
- After seeing seven chair legs in the attic, Vicki wonders if there were wooden androids in Victorian London. However, she does not ask the Doctor if this was the case as she thought that it was probably something that she was supposed to already know.
- Vicki refers to her former travelling companions Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright.
- 10 Downing Street was badly built on shallow foundations by a crooked speculator, Sir George Downing, in the 1680s.
- The Doctor tells Steven and Vicki that William Pitt the Younger, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, died At The age of 46 in the early 19th century while Steven reads that another Prime Minister, George Canning, died in office in 1827.
- That morning, Steven ate bacon and eggs from the TARDIS’ food machine.
- The food machine rearranges molecular deconstructed fungus into whatever delicacy was ordered.
- Vicki recalls being rescued from Dido in 2493 by the Doctor, Ian and Barbara. (The Rescue)
- During his ninth incarnation, the Doctor once again visited 10 Downing Street in September 2006. (Aliens of London)