Peter Davison (The Doctor), Sarah Sutton (Nyssa), Sally Knyvette (Doctorman Allan), Pamela Binns (Sisterman Constant), Derren Nesbitt (Thomas Dodd), Paul Copley (Dad), Kathryn Guck (Yvonne Hartley), Jim Hartley (Frank Hartley), Ann Jenkins (Mrs. Ginsberg), Nicholas Briggs (Zheng/Cyber Voices/Radio Announcer/ Citizen/Nurse), Alistair Lock (Minister/ Commentator), Gary Russell (Philpott/ Nurse)
The story of the genesis of the Cybermen. One of our listeners’ favourite releases. Dark, moving and terrifying…
On a dark frozen planet where no planet should be, in a doomed city with a sky of stone, the last denizens of Earth’s long-lost twin will pay any price to survive, even if the laser scalpels cost them their love and hate and humanity.
And in the mat-infested streets, around tea-time, The Doctor and Nyssa unearth a black market in second-hand body parts and run the gauntlet of augmented police and their augmented horses.
And just between the tramstop and the picturehouse, their worst suspicions are confirmed: the Cybermen have only just begun, and the Doctor will be, just as he always has been, their saviour…
Please Note: This item will be sent by courier delivery
Written By:Marc Platt
Directed By: Gary Russell
- Original release Spare Parts page
- This story takes place at the beginning of the Cybermen’s creation. Many of its events lead into those of The Tenth Planet.
- Mondas began to drift through space, due to the sudden arrival of a moon between Earth and Mondas. This upset the gravitationalequilibrium of Mondas, causing it to escape its orbit. (The Tenth Planet)
- Cyber-Commander Zheng would return for a cameo appearance in The Reaping. That story depicted him as still being operational in September 1984.
- Nyssa recalls Adric’s death. (Earthshock)
- Nyssa has sympathy with people losing their family. (The Keeper of Traken, Logopolis)