24 September 2011
Matt Smith (The Doctor)
James Corden (Craig Owens), Daisy Haggard (Sophie), Alex Kingston (River Song), Frances Barber (Madame Kovarian), Seroca Davis (Shona), Holli Dempsey (Kelly), Chris Obi (George), Lynda Baron (Val), Paul Kasey (Cyberman), Nicholas Briggs (Voice of the Cybermen), Karen Gillan (Amy), Arthur Darvill (Rory)
|Written by||Gareth Roberts|
|Directed by||Steve Hughes|
|Produced by||Denise Paul|
In the last few days of his life, the Doctor pays a farewell visit to his old friend Craig, and encounters a mystery. People are going missing, a silver rat scuttles in the shadows of a department store, and somewhere close by the Cybermen are waiting
- Actress Lynda Baron (Val) has prior history with Doctor Who. Previously playing the villainess Captain Wrak during the fifth Doctor era in the story Enlightenment: Part 4. She also sang The Ballad Of the Last Chance Saloon in the William Hartnell serial The Gunfighters.
- At one point the Doctor says to Craig, “Not a rat, a cybermat.” This line echoes the words of Tom Baker in The Revenge of the Cyberman in 1974.
- The Cybermats first appear in The Wheel in Space
- Seven babies and two infant dolls were used to portray Alfie.
- The Doctor can speak baby. (A Good Man Goes to War)
- The Doctor has previously expressed dislike at his opponents for cheating. (The Unicorn and the Wasp)
- Posters seen by the Doctor in the department store indicate that Amy has taking up a modelling career. She is seen advertising a fragrance named “Petrichor”. (The Doctor’s Wife)
- The Doctor performs his odd greeting kiss. (The Lodger, Night Terrors)