24 June 2006
Nina Sosanya (Trish), Abisola Agbaje (Chloe), Edna Dore (Maeve), Tim Faraday (Tom’s Dad), Abdul Salis (Kel), Richard Nichols (Driver), Erica Eirian (Neighbour), Stephen Marzella (Police Officer), Huw Edwards (Commentator).
|Written by||Matthew Graham|
|Directed by||Euros Lyn|
|Produced by||Julie Garner and Phil Colinson|
It is 2012 and in a bust London suburb people go about their everyday business; the postman delivers his letters, mothers push their prams and small boys kick a football about in the front garden of their house. Yet amidst this peaceful suburban life is an underlying threat, a young girl has gone missing and a poster asking for news of her whereabouts is tied to every lamppost.
From an upstairs window a young girl watches all that is going on and in the street and old woman pulling her shopping trolley stops in her tracks and looks all around her.
- The Tenth Doctor makes a reference back to the cat nurses in the hospital of New Earth.
- The Doctor initially tries to talk to the Isolus under the Shadow Proclamation, which he also used to talk to the Nestene Consciousness in Rose and which Roseused in her elaborate bluff to save the Earth from the Sycorax in The Christmas Invasion.
- The Doctor’s comment about being a father is similar to other comments his ninth self made in Father’s Day and The Empty Childconcerning how he once had a family but they were killed in the Time War. This family presumably contains Susan, his granddaughter whom he left on Earth in The Dalek Invasion of Earth.
- The final conversation between Tenth Doctor and Rose concerning events to come is an allusion to the next episodes; Army of Ghosts and Doomsday.
- As is routine for post-2005 Doctor Who, a NEXT TIME trailer for the next episode is shown at the end of the episode..