The Story of Martha
For a year, while The Master ruled over Earth, Martha Jones travelled the world telling people stories about The Doctor. She told people of how Tenth Doctor has saved them before, and how he will save them again.
This is that story. It tells of Martha’s travels from her arrival on Earth as the Toclafane attacked and decimated the population through to her return to Britain to face The Master. It tells how she spread the word and told people about The Doctor. The story of how she survived that terrible year.
But it’s more than that. This is also a collection of the stories she tells – the stories of adventures she had with The Doctor that we haven’t heard about before. The stories that inspired and saved the world..
- The Story of Martha was the twenty-second Tenth Doctor novel released. It was the last to feature Martha Jones and was set during The Year That Never Was.
- The Master and the events of the Sound of Drums are mentioned.
- This novel also features another alien species called the Drast.
- This is also the first time the current BBC Books line has published a novel based upon a televised episode, although it is not a novelisation.
- The plant that the Drast have control of is called Koban. A koban is a Japanese police box.
- UNIT, Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart and Sergeant Benton are referenced.