Invaders From Mars
Paul McGann (The Doctor), India Fisher (Charley, Ian Hallard (Mouse / Winkler / Luigi / Heavy), Mark Benton (Ellis); Jonathan Rigby (John Houseman / Thug / Streath), David Benson (Orson Welles / Professor Stepashin / Halliday), Paul Putner (Bix Biro / Noriam / Man), Simon Pegg (Don Chaney / Actor), Jessica Stevenson (Glory Bee / Carla / Women), John Arthur (Cosmo Devine / Hotel Clerk), Katy Manning (Reception Guest), Mark Gatiss (Radio Announcer), Alistair Lock (Thug / Toastmaster)
A year after a mysterious meteorite lit up the skies of New York state, Martian invaders laid waste to the nationat least, according to soon-to-be infamous Orson Welles They did. But what if some of the panicked listeners to the legendary War of the Worlds broadcast weren’t just imagining things?
Attempting to deliver Charley to her rendezvous in Singapore 1930, The Doctor overshoots a little, arriving in Manhattan just in time to find a dead private detective. Indulging his gumshoe fantasies, The Doctor is soon embroiled in the hunt for a missing Russian scientist whilst Charley finds herself at the mercy of a very dubious Fifth Columnist.
With some genuinely out of this world ‘merchandise’ at stake, the TARDIS crew are forced into an alliance with a sultry dame called Glory Bee, Orson Welles himself and a mobster with half a nose known as ‘The Phantom’.
And slowly but surely, something is drawing plans against them. Just not very good ones.
- Invaders from Mars was the twenty-eighth monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions
- The Doctor was trying to take Charley to Singapore.
- The Doctor mentions that some of his companions are eager to leave him and go back home. Such companions have been Barbara Wright, Ian Chesterton and Tegan Jovanka.
- Actors David Benson and Ian Hallard both appeared in The Doctor Who episode Robot of Sherwood, which was also written by Mark Gatiss.
- The Doctor once again speed reads a book in a matter of seconds. (City of Death, Rose, The Time of Angels)