21 November 2009
David Tennant (The Doctor)
Georgia Moffett (Cassie Rice), Tim Howar (Jimmy Stalkingwolf), Lisa Bowerman (Saruba Velak), David Warner (Lord Azlok), Stuart Miligan (Colonel Stark), Clarke Peters (Night Eagle), Nicholas Rowe (Rivesh Mantilax), Peter Guinness (Mister Dread), Ryan McCluskey (Soldiers).
|Written by||Phil Ford|
|Directed by||Gary Russell|
|Produced by||Julie Garner and Phil Colinson|
During a visit to a local diner, the Tenth Doctor stumbles upon a mysterious alien artefact that leads him on a mission to rescue Rivesh Mantilax from the threat of the Viperox and the clutches of the American military.
- The total length of the serial is forty-five minutes, or roughly the length of a standard live-action episode.
- Unlike The Infinite Quest, Dreamland was rendered in computer generated CGI in a pose to pose style animation method.
- Voice actor Lisa Bowerman is best known for playing Bernice Summerfield in the Big Finish Productions audio dramas, for which she currently directs productions. She was also a guest star in the 1989 serial Survival as Karra.
- Acording to the Christmas Eve commentary, the first episode was originally two, with the cliffhanger being Colonel Stark preparing to use the mindwipe chamber, however it was later ed into a double length episode.
- The DVD and repeats use the 45 minute version, however, the six part version was available to watch on The Doctor Who website.
- When Cassie and Jimmy are driving, they seem to be on the left side of the road even before they are distracted. As Americans, they should habitually try to drive on the right.
- The colonel salutes with his left hand near the end, where almost all salutes are normally right handed.
- The Tenth Doctor dislikes being saluted by Colonel Stark. (The Sontaran Stratagem, Planet of the Dead)