The Dark Flame
Sylvester McCoy (The Doctor), Sophie Aldred (Ace), Lisa Bowerman (Bernice), Michael Praed (Slyde), Steven Wickham (Victor/Joseph), Andrew Westfield (Remnex), Hannah Smith (Lomar), Toby Longworth (Broke)
A thousand years ago, the evil Cult of the Dark Flame infiltrated every star system in the galaxy. In the history books the Cult is legendary, its despotic leader a terrible memory.
But for some the Dark Flame still burns.
For some, its horrifying power is the ultimate goal.
All that is required is for the right people to be in the wrong place and time.
An archaeologist and his robot are on the poisonous world of Sorus Alpha, where they will uncover a hideous relic. The Doctor and Ace are on their way to the deep space research centre Orbos, where Professor Bernice Summerfield is soon to start the countdown to universal Armageddon.
Four acolytes of Evil.
Three mad scientists.
- The Dark Flame was the forty-second monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions.
- The Doctor observes that “sleep is for Chelonians.”
- The Doctor recalls his former companion Melanie Bush’s departure. (Dragonfire)
- Benny mentions the Ogrons. (Day of the Daleks)
- This is part of Big Finish’s Side Step into Virgin Territory.
- This audio drama was recorded on 26 and 27 January 2003 at The Moat Studios.
- Big Finish’s later New Adventures-era stories would be Companion Chronicles or novel adaptations.