The Castor, a vast starship, seemingly deserted, spinning slowly in the void of deep space. Martha and The Doctor explore the drifting tomb, and discover that they may not be alone after all… Who survived the disaster that overcame the rest of the crew? What continues to power the vessel? And why has a stretch of wooded countryside suddenly appeared in the middle of the craft? As The Doctor and Martha journey through the forest, they find a mysterious, fogbound village — a village traumatised by missing children and tales of its own destruction…
- Wooden Heart was the ninth Tenth Doctor novel released.
- The Doctor mentions trying to believe”Six impossible things before breakfast” a reference to. The Five Doctors and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carrol.
- Martha reflects on blood-sucking monsters. (Smith and Jones)
- The Doctortalks about time windows and makes a reference to Madame de Pompadour. (The Girl in the Fireplace)
- Martha recalls encountering ‘rhino-headed storm troopers‘ (Smith and Jones) and ‘witches on broomsticks’ (The Shakespeare Code)