Winter for the Adept
Peter Davison (the Doctor), Sarah Sutton (Nyssa), Peter Jurasik (Lt Peter Sandoz), Liz Sutherland (Alison Speers), Sally Faulkner (Miss Tremayne), Hannah Dickinson (Mlle Maupasant), India Fisher (Peril Bellamy), Chris Webber (Harding Wellman), Andy Coleman (Commodore), Nicky Goldie (Empress)
When a teleportation accident goes badly wrong, Nyssa finds herself stranded on the freezing slopes of the Swiss Alps in 1963. But is it mere coincidence that she finds shelter in a snowbound school haunted by a malevolent poltergeist?
When the Doctor arrives, Nyssa and the other inhabitants of the school soon discover that the ghost is merely part of a darker, deeper and more deadly game involving rogue psi talents and something else… something not of this Earth.
Written By: Andrew Cartmel
Directed By: Gary Russell
- Winter for the Adept was former script editor Andrew Cartmel’s first script for Big Finish Productions, and, as of 2014, his only one for the main monthly range.
- The Doctor brews tea that contains a mild sedative.
- India Fisher would later play Charley Pollard.
- The Doctor eats a ham sandwich.
- Nyssa is offered cognac, but refuses
- Harding Wellman is a dead person whose spiritual remains were animated by energy, manifesting similar to a ghost.
- Sally Faulkner appeared in the TV Serial – The Invasion