Colin Baker (the Doctor), Bonnie Langford (Mel), Ronald Pickup (Elder Bones), Isabel Fay (Naysmith), Gwilym Lee (Pretty Swanson), Beth Chalmers (Galpan/Beauty Swanson), Adrian MacKinder (Rogers/Game Voice), John Banks (Wailers/Announcement/Mad Passenger)
Welcome to Tantane Spaceport – where the tribes of Business and Economy have been at war for all of four hundred years
Welcome to Tantane Spaceport – where a terrible creature called the Wailer prowls the corridors around the Control Tower, looking to eAt The unwary
Welcome to Tantane Spaceport – where there is one Arrival: a battered blue Police Box containing the time-travelling Doctor and his companion, Mel.
Welcome to Tantane Spaceport – where there are no Departures. Ever.
- Spaceport Fear was the second story in the 2013 trilogy featuring the Sixth Doctor and Melanie “Mel” Bush.
- Naysmith is an initiate in the Economy tribe, which is led by Elder Bones. Her boyfriend (“plus one”) is Pretty Swanson, the son of Beauty Swanson.
- Mel complains that she hates cobwebs and spiders. The Doctor replies that he once visited a whole planet of spiders.
- Mel’s grandmother placed her television in a cupboard. The Bush family missed the wedding of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson as she had lost the key. The Doctor tells her that They eventually divorced. Mel also states the she thought the couple were as strong as Charles and Diana.
- According to the Doctor, Tantane Spaceport should be one of the busiest spaceports in the galaxy.
- Naysmith believes that the Doctor made his multi-coloured coat in the dark.
- The Doctor tells Naysmith that he is “in a class all of [his] own.” Mel agrees with this assessment.
- The spaceport console features an advertisement for the Tantane Music Festival.
- Prior to the Doctor and Mel’s arrival, no one had visited the spaceport for approximately 60 years.
- Naysmith is 20 years old while Elder Bones is 500.
- According to Economy’s calendar, it is the Year of Elder Bones 409. This equates to 6127 in the Earth calendar.
- According to Naysmith, Business brought the Wailer to the spaceport 19 generations earlier. Elder Bones has led Economy for all of that time.
- The Doctor tells Mel that he once visited a planet of spiders. (Planet of the Spiders)
- Mel refers to her eidetic memory. (Terror of the Vervoids, The Ultimate Foe)
- The Seventh Doctor and Mel would later encounter another devolved society that misued their terminology. (Paradise Towers)