14 April 2007
Ardal O’Hanlon (Thomas Kincade Brannigan), Anna Hope (Novice Hame), Travis Oliver (Milo), Lenora Crichlow (Cheen), Jennifer Hennessy (Valerie), Bridget Turner (Alice), Georgine Anderson (May), Simon Pearsall (Whitey), Daisy Lewis (Javit), Nicholas Bolton (Businessman), Erika Macleod (Sally Calypso), Judy Norman (Ma), Graham Padden (Pa), Lucy Davenport (Pale Woman), Tom Edden (Pharmacist #1), Natasha Williams (Pharmacist #2), Gayle Telfer Stevens (Pharmacist #3), Struan Rodger (The Face of Boe).
|Written by||Russell T. Davies|
|Directed by||Richard Clark|
|Produced by||Julie Garner and Phil Colinson|
The Doctor makes a return trip to New Earth, where he and Rose once encountered menacing feline nurses, and patients used as medical guinea pigs. This time he’s got new companion Martha in tow, and there’s a new threat too – a sinister group known as the Pharmacists are in control.
It’s not long before Martha finds herself in danger, and The Doctor is set to renew an old acquaintance.
- The Tenth Doctor first visited New New York (and met Novice Hame) with Rose in New Earth.
- The Macra first appeared back in the Patrick Troughton era in The Macra Terror
- The Tenth Doctor removes an arrow lodged in the TARDIS door, which was planted there at the end of Gridlock.
- The Doctor first revealed the results of the Time War in The End of the World.
- You Are Not Alone is abbrieviation for Yana
- Novice Hame also met The Doctor on his previous visit to New Earth. (New Earth)
- The mood drugs bear the emblem of the Sisters of Plentitude. (New Earth)
- The Tenth Doctor describes his home planet (Gallifrey) much as his granddaughter did. (The Sensorites)
- Gridlock aired 40 minutes late due to the BBC’s coverage of the FA cup.
- This episode had a working title of Chasing Fumes