The Nightmare Fair
Colin Baker (The Doctor), Nicola Bryant (Peri), David Bailie (The Celestial Toymaker), Matthew Noble (Kevin), Andrew Fettes (Stefan), Louise Faulkner (Woman), William Whymper (Shardow/Attendant), Toby Longworth (Yatsumoto/Truscott/Manager/Man), Duncan Wisbey (Humandroid/Security Man/Geoff/Guard)
The TARDIS has been drawn to Blackpool in the year 1985, where The Doctor intends to investigate a dangerous space/time vortex… while enjoying some local attractions along the way. But an old enemy is watching from his base deep within the amusement park, a timeless being who craves revenge.
The Celestial Toymaker has returned. The game is on. And, should he lose, The Doctor will pay the ultimate forfeit…
- The Nightmare Fair is an adaption of an unproduced Sixth Doctor story of the same name. It was originally intended for Season 23, but was cancelled along with other planned stories when Doctor Who went on a production hiatus. It is the first of a series of Big Finish Productions audio adaptions based upon these lost stories.
- Peri suggests that The Doctor could have taken her to Disneyland.
- The Doctor refers to Romulus and Remus Sylvest. (The Twin Dilemma)
- Doctor Who’s audio series producer David Richardson briefed all the composers including Jamie Robertson to give the Lost Stories season an original but classic”80’s Retro” feel.
– Robertston used various synths for the music soundtrack and sound design including an AKAI AX-80 and a Yamaha SY85.