Lords of the Storm
“They’ve been fighting this war for longer than man has been walking upright, and they don’t take prisoners.”
The war between the Sontarans and the Rutans has been raging for millennia. Billions have died and whole star systems have been obliterated in the conflict. Now, finally, one side may have victory within its grasp.
The human colony world of Raghi is crucial to that victory. When the Fifth Doctor and Turlough arrive there, they find a seemingly stable society ruled by a strict caste system. But all is not as it seems. Members of the lower caste are being struck down by a mysterious illness. People are vanishing in their hundreds. And strange objects have been observed orbiting the sun.
Why is Raghi so important to the feuding alien empires? And how high a price will the galaxy pay if the conflict comes to an end?
- Lords of the Storm is the seventeenth novel in the Virgin Missing Adventures series. It was written by David A. McIntee. It features the Fifth Doctor and Vislor Turlough. It is one of two novels published in 1995 that features the Sontarans; in fact, this novel serves as a prequel to the other novel, Shakedown.
- The Tzun were wiped out by the Veltrochni in the 2170s.
- Turlough mentions Kamelion (The King’s Demons) and the fact that the Doctor is the Lord President of Gallifrey. (The Five Doctors)
- The Doctor refers to the destruction of the sonic screwdriver by the Terileptil leader in September 1666. (The Visitation)
- The Doctor mentions that he intends to repair the chameleon circuit in the future. (Attack of the Cybermen)
- The Doctor tells Turlough that The Sontarans will not be back until the time of the solar flares in approximately 13,000 years. (The Sontaran Experiment)