The Green Death Special Edition DVD
Number of DVDs 2
DVD Number BBCDVD3778
Duration 200 minutes
Earth, South Wales. The suspicious death of a miner At The inactive local pit owned by the mysterious Global Chemicals brings UNIT to sleepy Llanfairfach. There, a local green group – the Wholeweal Community under the leadership of the brilliant Professor Jones – are not convinced of Global’s innocence in the affair. Could the waste products from their revolutionary new oil refining process be at fault? Jones is convinced but the Doctor is not so sure and a dangerous expedition down the mine confirms his fears. For there, thousands of giant maggots lie gestating – a dangerously unknown terror waiting to be unleashed upon the world. But by whom? Just who is the power behind Global Chemicals? Who or what is the Boss? And what are his/its plans for the Earth?
The Doctor, Jo and the Brigadier must move quickly to find the answers, for the death toll is already rising and the gestation period of the maggots down the mine is coming to an end…
- 6 x 25 mins approx colour episodes with mono audio.
- Commentary by actors Katy Manning (Jo Grant), producer Barry Letts and script editor Terrance Dicks.
- Bonus commentary by actors Richard Franklin (Captain Yates) and Mitzi McKenzie (Nancy), moderated by Toby Hadoke (episodes 3 – 5); and by actress Katy Manning and writer Russell T Davies (episode 6).
- The One With the Maggots – Cast and crew look back At The making of this story.
- Global Conspiracy? – A spoof investigative report looks At The strange happenings in the village of Llanfairfach.
- Visual Effects – An interview with the story’s visual effects designer, Colin Mapson.
- Robert Sloman Interview.
- Stewart Bevan Interview.
- Wales Today – Two pieces from the BBC Wales news programme – a mute 1973 film insert from the filming of The Green Death, and a 1994 item with Jon Pertwee opening the new country park that was built on the site of the colliery used in the story.
- Doctor Forever – The Unquiet Dead – In this unique interview, new series creator Russell T Davies and then BBC Controller of Drama, Jane Tranter, talk about the genesis of Doctor Who’s rebirth on television in 2005.
- What Katy Did Next – A look at Serendipity, the TV series that Katy Manning presented after leaving Doctor Who
- The Sarah Jane Adventures – Death of the Doctor – This two-part story from 2010 sees Katy Manning reprising her role as Jo Grant and a guest appearance by Matt Smith as the Eleventh Doctor. Optional Commentary with actress Katy Manning and series creator Russell T Davies.
- Radio Times listings (DVD-ROM).
- Programme subtitles.
- Production information subtitles.
- Photo gallery.• Easter Eggs.
- Coming soon trailer.
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality.