So, we meet again Doctor…
A fateful landing on Earth in the 26th century finds the TARDIS deep within a system of subterranean caves and even deeper within the mystery surrounding the brutal murderof a group of geologists working there. Who is controlling the androids guarding the hatch in the rock face? More importantly, what lies beyond the hatch?
The answers provide a serious threat for The Doctor as the time and place is set for an encounter with his old arch enemies. The Cybermen are well and truly back…
Originally transmitted 8-16 March 1982, this four part adventure sees Peter Davison, The Doctor’s fifth incarnation, facing his old adversaries – the ruthless Cybermen.
- Part one – 9.1 million viewers
- Part two – 8.8 million viewers
- Part three – 9.8 million viewers
- Part four – 9.6 million viewers
- Sprinwell Lock Quarry in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire (This was the only location work, which featured at the start of the story, not featuring any of the regular cast)
- BBC Television Centre (Studio 8), Shepherd’s Bush, London