Sylvester McCoy (The Doctor), sophie Aldred (
The Dreamtime is living Time. The Dreaming is living myth.
A city travels the stars, inhabited by stone ghostsat its heart, an ancient remembrance of Earth. Mythical creatures stalk the streets and alien visitors have come in search of trade. But there is nothing to trade. There is only fear. And death. And the stone ghosts.
For Hex’s first trip in the TARDIS, it’s about the strangest place he could have imagined. Weird and very far from wonderful. Adjustment to his new life could prove tough. But he will have to adjust and do more, just to stay alive, and Ace will have to be his guide through this lost city of shadows and predatory dreams. and the Doctor is the first to go missing.
The Doctor has crossed into the Dreamtime.
- Dreamtime was the sixty-seventh monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions.
- The Doctor demonstrates a working knowledge of certain Indigenous Australian tribal practices (such as referring to “Ayer’s Rock” as Uluru and knowing that the use of the bull roarer and woomera are traditionally a male-only occupation) While being in the dark overother practices and beliefs (such as what bunyip and yowie are to the tribe who live around Uluru).
- This audio drama was recorded on 9 and 11 November 2004 at the Moat Studios.
- The Sixth Doctor and Evelyn Smythe previously encountered the Galyari in the Clutch. (The Sandman)
- Uluru is sent into space to escape the end of the world, but it is not clear if it is the end seen in The Ark, The Ark in Space, or The End of the World.