Assassin in the Limelight
Colin Baker (the Doctor), Maggie Stables (Dr Evelyn Smythe), Leslie Phillips (Dr Robert Knox), Lysette Anthony (Clara Harris), Eric Loren (John Parker), Madeleine Potter (Lizzie Williams), Alan Marriott (Henry Clay Ford), Paul Dubois (John Wilkes Booth), Mikey O’Connor (Thomas Eckert)
Lord’s Theatre, Washington. Friday, 14th April, 1865. The assassination of Abraham Lincoln.
The place, the date and the event which made history. Or did it? Someone has been tampering with time, muddying the waters of history for his own purposes. Time itself is out of joint and the chief culprit is the enigmatic Doctor Knox.
Somehow the Doctor and Evelyn must put history back on track before the future dissolves into chaos. But Knox, it turns out, may be the least of their worries…
Written By: Robert Ross
Directed By: Barnaby Edwards
- Assassin in the Limelight was the one hundred and eighth monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions.
- The Doctor calls Robert Knox a Time Meddler.
- Knox poses as the Irish author and playwright Oscar Wilde. The Doctor realises this congruity immediately since, as he tells Evelyn, Wilde was “still in short trousers” in 1865.
- Knox has a TARDIS with voice control. Like the Doctor’s TARDIS, it has a fast return switch.
- The Doctor mentions that he witnessed the Charge of the Light Brigade during the Crimean War in October 1854. (The Evil of the Daleks)