Paul McGann (The Doctor), India Fisher (Charley), Conrad Westmaas (C’Rizz), Robert Glenister (Aboresh), Christopher Villiers (Cacothis), Natalie Mendoza (Lolanthia), Tony Barton (Straith), Geoff Breton (Phelgreth)
Confession. Penance. Absolution.
The TARDIS breaks down in a forbidden sector of space. Ghostly voices cry out for salvation and only C’rizz, The Doctor’s Eutermesan companion, can answer their call – for only he knows the secret of the Absolver. But will he use it to rescue his friends or save the universe?
The Doctor’s sins are catching up with him and the infernal beast Borarus is hungry. Time is running out and Judgement Day is at hand.
Welcome to Hell.
- Absolution was the one hundred and first monthly Doctor Who audio release produced by Big Finish Productions. It was the last story to feature C’rizz played by Conrad Westmaas
- There is another console room in the TARDIS that hasn’t been used for centuries, smaller and dustier than the main one. It seems that this is a different from the one seen in the The Masque of Mandragora.
- After C’rizz’s death, Charley tells The Doctor that she wants to go home. The Doctor tells her that “that’s back aboard the R101”, where she met him for the first time in her personal timeline on 5 October 1930. (Storm Warning)
- C’rizz is a member of the Church of the Foundation.
- According to The Doctor, every culture in every galaxy has a concept of Hell.