Paul McGann (The Doctor), India Fisher (Charley Pollard), Conrad Westmaas (C’Rizz), Stephen Perring (The Kro’Ka), Carolyn Jones (Excelsior), Ian Brooker (Minister Voss), Robert Hines (Minister Tralfinial), Richard Derrington (Landscar), Tom Eastwood (Requiem), Jane Hills (Nurse), John Dorney (Make-Up Assistant)
Trapped on a dying world, The Doctor and Charley come face-to-face with those responsible for the war to end all wars, while C’rizz tries to understand what has happened and learns the terrible truth.
Powerful forces are at work on Bortresoye that not even a nuclear holocaust can tame, natural forces that have excited the interest of Excelsior, the self-proclaimed saviour of her people.
With Charley immobilised and C’rizz left to battle against the elements with some of the victims of war, one final, desperate hope of escape presents itself to the travellers.
But who will be the last to leave the planet? Who will have to stay behind? And will The Doctor, Charley and C’rizz live long enough to find out?
- The Last was the sixty-second monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions.
- Voss is the Bortresoye Minister of War while Tralfinial is the Minister of Peace.
- The Kro’ka presents The Doctor with visions of Katarina and Adric, two of his companionswho died while under his care.
- Most of C’rizz’s family and friends were killed when the Kromon invaded Eutermes.
- Charley believes that all war is a crime.
- The Doctor believes that the Kro’ka may have moved the TARDIS off-world.