Geoffrey Bayldon (the Doctor), Carole Ann Ford (Susan), Derren Nesbitt (Ordinal-General Quences), Toby Longworth,(Badger/Gaulish/Tribesman/Winston Churchill), Matthew Brenher (Hannibal), Ian Brooker (Surus), Nicholas Briggs, (Gold Usher/Thalek Voices)
the Doctor and Susan had never left Gallifrey?
In a marble mausoleum, deep in the cisterns beneath the Capitol, Gallifrey’s favourite author faces his ultimate destiny.
Who is the woman who claims to be his grandaughter?
Who is the sepulchral figure in robes of night?
Which path should Hannibal’s army take to Rome?
And on a snowy mountain high in the Alps, the Doctor remembers the ultimate question: What if he and Susan had ever left Gallifrey?
- Auld Mortality was the first Doctor Who Unbound audio story produced by Big Finish Productions.
- A Supreme Council rules Gallifrey.
- Transmats are commonly used around Gallifrey.
- The Doctor has created a Possibility Generator, allowing him to explore virtual worlds and ideas.
- Ordinal-General Quences is the Doctor’s great-granduncle and consequently Susan’s great-great-great-granduncle.
- The Doctor’s birthday is on Othermass.
- The Doctor is Susan’s maternal grandfather. By the time of her elevation to the presidency of Gallifrey, she has two grandchildren of her own, a boy and a girl.
- After the Doctor leaves Gallifrey, his TARDIS takes on the forms of an old tree stump, an old minaret, a wardrobe, a revolving door and a black sarcophagus using its fully operational chameleon circuit. On his travels, he meets Winston Churchill.
- This audio drama was recorded on 9 February 2003 at The Moat Studios.