Sarah Mowat (Karen Brett), Mark McDonnell (Liam Barnaby / Nash), Nicholas Briggs (Cybermen / Cyber Planner / Control / Guard / Reporter), Ian Brooker (Heliton / Hendry / Glaust / Karen’s Father / Protester), Barnaby Edwards (Paul Hunt / Comms / Security), Toby Longworth (Duncan Levinson / Pilot / Public Address / Security / Captain), Samantha Sanns (SSC Control / Comp / Helm / Operations officer), Hannah Smith (Samantha Thorn / Computer)
THE HUMAN RACE IS ABOUT TO BECOME EXTINCT.
Mankind is fighting a long and costly war with its android creations in the Orion System. The deadlock must be broken at all costs. The president of Earth must think the unthinkable…
‘There is nothing to fear’.
- Scorpius was the first release in the first series of Big Finish Productions’ Cyberman audio series.
- Although more than 50, 000 Earth troops were killed on Orius Beta VIII, it is considered a tactical victory as Admiral Karen Brett destroyed the Android 8th Fleet and detonated a nuclear weapon on Orius Beta VIII, wiping out the Android Horde’s remaining forces. She is promoted to the commander-in-chief of the Earth Empire’s forces.
- Although the public see Brett as a hero, President Duncan Levinson regards her as dangerous.
- TheOrion War has been going on for more than 20 years.
- Paul Hunt is a weapons and strategic expert who belongs to a secret government organisation known as Scorpius.
- President Levinson was elected President of Earth five years earlier on a wave of anti-war protests.