The Sands of Time
“If Sutekh had escaped, no power in the universe could have stopped him wreaking havoc and destruction. This time, it’s worse.”
Arriving in Victorian London, the Fifth Doctor, Nyssa and Tegan run straight into trouble: Nyssa is kidnapped in the British Museum by Egyptian religious fanatics, The Doctor and Tegan are greeted by a stranger who knows more about them than he should and invited to a very strange party.
Why are rooms already booked for The Doctor at the Savoy? How can Lord Kenilworth’s butler Atkins be in Egypt and London at the same time? What is the history of the ancient mummy to be unwrapped at Kenilworth’s house? And what has all this got to do with Nyssa?
The Doctor’s quest for answers leads him across continents and time as an ancient Egyptian prophecy threatens 1990s England. While The Doctor attempts to unravel the plans of the mysterious Sadan Rassul, mummies stalk the night and an ancient terror stirs in its tomb.
- The Sands of Time was the twenty-second novel in the Virgin Missing Adventures series. It was written by Justin Richards. It featured the Fifth Doctor, Nyssa and Tegan Jovanka.
- Nyssa is chosen as the host for Nephthys.
- Nephthys is released when the canopic jar containing her reasoning is broken While robbers are plundering her pyramid.
- The Doctor makes a passing reference to Scaroth and his involvement in the construction of the Pyramids of Giza.
- The final passage of the book has Marcus Scarman arriving for dinner at Lord Kenilworth’s in 1896.
- Tegan tells The Doctor that her sense of adventure died in Amsterdam.
- Despite this, Tegan attempts to change history in a minor way. However, events end up not being changed at all – something that doesn’t surprise The Doctor.