Colin Baker (the Doctor), Nicola Bryant (Peri), Alex Macqueen (Gabriel), James D’Arcy (Michael), Helen Goldwyn (Stella/Bella), Andree Bernard (Lorelei), Teddy Kempner (Mr Gelter/Mr Bliss/Elohim Voice), Claire Wyatt (Ms Aht), Richard Earl (Mr Tapp/Mr Winterbourne)
The Doctor and Peri visit the planet Targos Delta to check in on old friend Professor Albrecht Thompson, only to discover that he has vanished. He was last sighted taking a shuttle to the holiday resort of Paradise 5, then never seen again.
The Doctor’s curiosity is piqued. They must investigate, but they must do so stealthily. Peri will go undercover on Paradise 5, while the Doctor hides in the shadows. Because paradise holds a terrible secret beneath the white marble and golden trimmings. The mute Cherubs have a story to tell. And the Elohim are coming.
- Twenty years after Paradise 5 was to have been produced for television, P. J. Hammond wrote two stories for Torchwood
- The Doctor tells Peri that he has not been to Manhattan since 1965. (The Chase) He would visit it again in his tenth incarnation. (Daleks in Manhattan / Evolution of the Daleks).
- Reference is made to the Psychic Circus. (The Greatest Show in the Galaxy)
- The Doctor appears to carry around a sonic lance similar to the one he used in Attack of the Cybermen.
- The Doctor compares the Paradise Machine to the Matrix “on a good day”. (The Deadly Assassin)