“So, that’s an Ice Warrior. Brings a whole new meaning to the concept of shell suits.”
The Doctor is pursuing a master criminal. The trail leads to Peladon: a desolate world once home to a barbaric, feudal society. Now the Galactic Federation is attempting to bring prosperity and civilisation to the planet. But not all Peladonians support the changes, and when ancient relics are stolen from their Citadel, the representatives of the Federation are blamed. The Doctor suspects the Ice Warrior delegation, but before long the Time Lord himself is arrested for the crime — and sentenced to death.
Elsewhere, interplanetary mercenaries are bringing one of the galaxy’s most evil artefacts to Peladon, apparently on the Doctor’s instruction. Ace is pursuing a dangerous mission on another world and Bernice is getting friendly — perhaps too friendly — with the Ice Warriors she has studied for so long.
The players are making the final moves in a devious and lethal plan — but for once it isn’t the Doctor’s.
- Legacy is the twenty-fifth New Adventures novel. It features the Seventh Doctor, Bernice Summerfield, Ace and the Ice Warriors. This was the third story to feature the planet Peladon.
- There are wind chimes from Deva Loka aboard the Bruk.
- The Sword of Tuburr in mentioned for the first time, a symbol of the Ice Warriors / Martian’s warrior past. The Sword on display on the Bruk is a replica.
- Mavic Chen succeeded Madam Amazonia as Guardian of the Solar System.
- The Doctor convinces King Peladon to withdraw from the Galactic Federation, thereby sparing it from the Daleks.
- Ace was hamster monitor in Miss Marshall’s class.
- The Curse of Peladon and The Monster of Peladon were the two stories to feature Peladon prior to this novel.
- The Daleks’ Master Plan first featured Guardians of the Solar system.
- It is implied that The Diadem is similar to the mind parasite in The Mind of Evil.
- Ogri are the guards of the Federation. (The Stones of Blood)
- There are Deva Lokan wind chimes on board the Bruk. (Kinda)