|Publication Date||18 March 1976|
The world is held in the grip of a second Ice Age, and faces total destruction from the rapidly advancing glaciers.
Aliens from Mars, preserved in the ice for centuries and now revitalised, the Ice Warriors feel ready to take over…
Can The Doctor overcome these warlike Martians and halt the relentless approach of the ice glaciers…?
- Battle against the Glaciers
- Two Minutes to Doomsday
- Creature from the Red Planet
- Back from the Dead
- The Omega Factor
- Under the Moving Mountain
- Diplomat in Danger
- The Martian Ultimatum
- On the Brink of Destruction!
DEVIATIONS FROM THE TELEVISED STORY
- The Brittanicus Base computer is named ECCO in the novelisation.
- The novel’s dialogue and Varga himself identifies him as a ‘Warlord’.
- The section in which Jamie and Penley encounter a bear is cut from the novel.
- Instead of there being five Warriors as in the episode, there are six.
- Zondal is given the rank of lieutenant.