“Depends on how you define alien” the Doctor said simply. ‘they were human once.”
In 2006 the world is about to be overwhelmed by a disaster that might destroy human civilisation: the inversion of the Earth’s magnetic field. Deep in an Antarctic base, the FLIPback team is frantically devising a system to reverse the change in polarity.
Above them, the SS Elysium carries its jet-set passengers on the ultimate cruise. On board is Ruby Duvall, a journalist sent to record the FLIPback moment. Instead she finds a man called the Doctor, who is locked out of the strange green box he says is merely a part of his time machine. And she finds old enemies of the Doctor: silver giants at work beneath the ice..
- Iceberg is the eighteenth novel in the Virgin New Adventures series, and was published in 1993. It was written by David Banks.
- The Doctor is inspired to walk barefoot through the TARDIS to the Jade Pagoda. He ends up in snowdrifts without his shoes.
- Different factions of Cybermen have different strengths and weaknesses. The CyberMondans were susceptible to radiation. The Cybermen here are in their prime and are not affect
- The Doctor vaguely remembers materialising at a cricket match and associates the memory with the Daleks but cannot remember why. (The Daleks’ Master Plan)
- The Doctor uses the Jade Pagoda to get to Earth. It is located at the heart of the TARDIS. An echo of the real TARDIS, both ships will die unless they are reunited.
- The “plague” refers to all diseases across the planet, a product of the changing environment.
- SlapRap is a style of music