Ghost Light DVD
Number of DVDs:1
DVD Number: BBCDVD1352
Duration: 71 minutes
London, 1983: an old house mysteriously burns to the ground. One hundred years earlier, The Doctor and Ace arrive at a sinister mansion in the rural hamlet of Perivale. Horrors old and new await The Doctor amongst the peculiar residents of Gabriel Chase, but it is Ace who must confront her own worst nightmares when she discovers that her past and the house’s future are inextricably linked..
Originally transmitted 04/10/89 – 18/10/89
- Commentary by Sophie Aldred (Ace), Andrew Cartmel (Script Editor), Marc platt (Writer) and Mark Ayres (Musician)
- Light in Dark Places – A look back at the making of Ghost Light with stars Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred, Michael Cochrane, Sharon Duce, Ian Hogg and Katharine Schlesinger, plus Mark Ayres and Andrew Cartmel
- Deleted and Extended Scenes – A selection of exercised scenes sourced from copies of the early edits
- Shooting Ghosts – A unique look at the making of the story during the studio recording session, taken from a VHS recording made during the last studio block in 1989.
- Writer’s Question Time – Author Marc Platt answers attendees’ questions at a 1990 Doctor Who convention
- Music-only Option – Listen to Mark Ayres’ score for Ghost Light on an isolated audio track
- Optional Dolby Digital 5.1 surround mix
- Photo Gallery
- Production Subtitles
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality