Gallifrey A Blind Eye
Lalla Ward (President Romana), Louise Jameson (Leela), John Leeson (K9), Miles Richardson (Cardinal Braxiatel), Sean Carlsen (Coordinator Narvin), Andy Coleman (Commander Torvald), Hugo Myatt (Arkadian), India Fisher (Cecelia Pollard), Susan Engel (Ms Joy), David Warwick (Erich), Daniel Hogarth (Waiter).
Earth, September 1939. With Europe sliding into war, a young Englishwoman, her loyalties torn, comes to a terrible decision. But what does the intergalactic secrets broker Mephistopheles Arkadian want with the fascist sympathiser Cecilia ‘Sissy’ Pollard on the last day of her life?
Still searching for the facts about the Gryben debacle, President Romana makes a deal with the devil. So begins a chain of consequence that can only end in tragedy for the passengers aboard the Vienna to Calais Transcontinental Express, the woman called Leela included.
By journey’s end, the truth will out but at what cost to Romana and Leela? To Gallifrey’s empire, even?
- A Blind Eye was the fourth story of the first series of Big Finish’s Gallifrey audio series. It was written by Alan Barnes.
- This is the only Gallifrey audio drama to take place on Earth.
- Romana used the brand new Type 70A TARDIS in this story. Initially excited to use the new “pause materialisation” feature, she was dismayed that The pause lasted a mere two microspans.
- Romana and Leela both refer to their meeting with Charley in Zagreus.
- Mephistopheles Arkadian, when talking to Romana, talked about the rumours about anti-time and how Charley was apparently a conduit for it, and without Charley Gallifrey wouldn’t exist. As the fact of the survival saving the Web of Time couldn’t be a paradox. (Neverland)