The Fate of Krelos
The Fate of Krelos
There are dark skies on Krelos… and something gigantic is descending.
Meanwhile, The Doctor and Leela set off for some fishing in the mountain pools of Krelos. K9 has interfaced with the TARDIS and has reactivated the architectural configuration from the days of the Doctor’s second incarnation. In passing, The Doctor notes it could do with a good clean. And there’s a familiar piece of material snagged on the console.
Far up the mountain, an aged explorer is in trouble. Will The Doctor and Leela be able to save him and his planet? And what is it that K9 has discovered in the TARDIS?
Written By:Nicholas Briggs
Directed By: Nicholas Briggs
Producer David Richardson
Script Editor John Dorney
Executive Producers Jason Haigh-Ellery and Nicholas Briggs
|Written By:||Nicholas Briggs|
|Sound Design:||Jamie Robertson|
|Number of Discs:||1|
|Physical Retail ISBN:||978-1-78178-351-1|
- The Fate of Krelos was the seventh story in the fourth series of The Fourth Doctor Adventures
- The Sevateem use spears to catch fish.
- The Doctor states that he has not seen the TARDIS’ earlier architectural configuration since he had “a moptop and chequed trousers”.
- The Doctor bought a vacuum cleaner in Brazil during the 39th century.
- The Doctor warns K9 against interfacing too much with the TARDIS, as its circuits are too sophisticated.
- The Doctor describes the TARDIS as”a wily old bird”.
- Krelos City on Krelos is below the plateau where the famous fishing pools are.
- Geralk’s sleeping mind is able to control a robot body so he can be active in his old age.
- The Doctor says he cannot cross his own timeline. If he did, he would be no better than the Celestial Intervention Agency.
- Under another influence, K9 says “no” instead of “negative.”
- The Doctor previously fished in the River Fleet. He caught a huge salmon, which he shared with the Venerable Bede. (The Talons of Weng Chiang)
- He would later try fishing again on several occasions. (The Androids of Tara, The Two Doctors, Time & Time Again)
- The Doctor hasn’t seen the food machine in years. (The Edge of Destruction)
- Leela refers to the Tesh. (The Face of Evil)
- The Doctor learned that mechanical men can be dangerous. (The Robots of Death)
- The Doctor recalls the Time Lords’ attempts to get him to interfere with Strang (The King of Sontar) and the White The Doctor refers to the Celestial Intervention Agency. (The Deadly Assassin)
- The Doctor says that he could not just recruit an army of his friends from across time and space. He would later do so during his eleventh incarnation. (A Good Man Goes To War)
- Under the influence of the Cybermen, K9 piloted the TARDIS to Telos. (Return to Telos)
- The Doctor recalls his previous companion, Jamie McCrimmon and how he was sometimes a warrior. (The Highlanders, The War Games)
‘It’s clever, intriguing and involving’ Tim, Mass Movement
‘Really couldn’t ask for more in a Doctor Who story… wonderful characterisation and a story that is perfectly paced – one of the best this year so far 10/10.’ Planet Mondas