Michael Troughton reads this gripping novelisation of a classic adventure for the Second Doctor.
“[Michael] Troughton makes a winning debut for the range and…has the uncanny ability to evoke the vocal tones of his father Patrick.” Doctor Who Magazine
The Doctor remembers Dulkis as a civilised and peaceful place. But times have changed, and his second visit is not quite the holiday he was expecting.
When the whole planet and its inhabitants are threatened with annihilation by an alien race, the pacifist Dulcians are more reluctant than ever to engage in acts of violence. None of them will lift a finger to fight the Dominators and their robot slaves, the Quarks.
The Doctor, Jamie and Zoe may be the only ones capable of intervening to save the whole planet.
listen to a sample
- The Dominators was the first story in season six of Doctor Who. Although it was the Dominators who were the titular villains, it was the Quarks who would make appearances in Doctor Who in Comic
- The Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver as a cutting device.
- Zoe mentions both the Daleks and the Cybermen, hoping that neither will be present on Dulkis.
- The Doctor has been to Dulkis before
- There is a periscope in the bunker among the ruins.
- Of the six Comic stories in which Jamie appeared, the Quarks were the enemy in four. Indeed, Quarks were the dominant recurring enemy of the comic Second Doctor’s era. However, the Dominators, portrayed as the”masters” of the Quarks in this serial, never appeared in C.