Destroy The Infinite
Tom Baker (Fourth Doctor), Louise Jameson (Leela), David Sibley (The Eminence), Michael Fenton-Stevens (Moorson), Clive Mantle (Tillegat/Lieutenant Treeves), Hywel Morgan (Larivan/Lieutenant Garrett), Christine Roberts (Sarla), Ian Hallard (Davent/Infinite Warrior)
The Point of Stillness. A place the Time Lords are forbidden to go. It cannot be drawn, it cannot be whispered, it cannot be thought. And yet somebody is very keen to reach it.
Deep within the TARDIS, something unusual is happening. One of the ship’s oldest secrets is about to be revealed, and once it is, nothing will ever be the same again.
As danger materialises deep within the ship, spectral strangers lurk in the corridors and bizarre events flood the rooms, someone long-forgotten is ready to reappear. The Doctor and Leela are soon to discover that their home isn’t quite the safe stronghold they thought..
Written By: Nicholas Briggs
Directed By: Nicholas Briggs
‘On the surface it’s a Boys’ Own adventure, but there are some meatier issues addressed, and a new enemy introduced. Recommended. 9/10’ Paul Simpson SFB
‘With the thrill-o-meter set at eleven, ‘Destroy The Infinite’ is a fast-paced, furious drama that doesn’t let up for even a single second, carving its plot directly into the heart of the Whoniverse, while establishing and creating the legend of the Eminence.’ Tim, Mass Movement.
- Destroy The Infinite was the sixth story in the third series of the Fourth Doctor Adventures.
- Delafoss was once one of the most successful colonies in human history.
- The Eminence is at war with the Earth Alliance.
- The Infinite warriors are building a warship called the Infinite. It has more than 300 decks.
- Leela refers to her father Sole. (The Face of Evil)
- Leela threatens to kill Davent with a janis thorn. (The Face of Evil)
- The Doctor is able to resist the breath of forever using his respiratory bypass system. (Pyramids of Mars, The Robots of Death)
- The Doctor would encounter the Eminence again on Kalsos during his sixth incarnation (The Seeds of War) and on multiple occasions during his eighth incarnation (Time’s Horizon, Eyes of the Master, The Death of Hope, The Reviled, Masterplan, Rule of the Eminence, Eye of Darkness).
- The Doctor receives a vision of the future from the Eminence in which entire galaxies had fallen under its control. (Rule of the Eminence)