City Of Spires
Colin Baker (The Doctor), Frazer Hines (Jamie), Georgia Moffett (Alice), Richard Earl (Victor), James Albrecht (Major Heyward), Russell Floyd (Sergeant Rilke), Sam Graham (Guthrie), Charlie Ross (Rob)
In the Scottish Highlands, Black Donald is fighting the Redcoats to halt the Clearances. But time itself seems to be confused. And the mysterious Red Cap has built anachronistic machines that are extracting the blood of the land.
Arriving in a hail of musket fire, The Doctor unexpectedly finds himself in the highlands of Scotland, where the ruthless Black Donald and his band of rebels are fighting the Redcoats. But the highland warriors no longer fight for the Jacobite cause and the English officers answer only to the mysterious Overlord. What has happened to Scotland and why are its moors littered with advanced, oil-pumping technology?
Reunited with his faithful companion Jamie McCrimmon, The Doctor must venture into the sinister City of Spires to find the answers. But standing in his way is the deadly Red Cap…
- City of Spires was the one hundred and thirty-third monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions
- Jamie’s memory of The Doctor, apart from their first adventure, was wiped by the Time Lords at the end of The War Games.
- The events of The Highlanders and The War Games are mentioned, as are companions Ben Jackson and Polly Wright.
- The “Phantom Piper” that Jamie thought he saw in The Moonbase is mentioned.
- The Doctor informs Jamie that “the assembled hoardes of Genghis Khan couldn’t open the TARDIS,” much as the Ninth Doctor told Rose Tyler after she first entered the TARDIS. (Rose)