Colin Baker (The Doctor), Bonnie Langford (Mel), Derek Benfield (John Hallam), Michael Chance (Dr Wallace), Keith Drinkel (Henry Hallam), Ian Fairburn (Professor David Munro), Rhiannon Meades (Rachel), Jillie Meers (Mrs McGregor)
When The Doctor and Mel visit the National Foundation for Scientific Research as it celebrates its centenary, Mel expects only to be able to catch up with her uncle. She doesn’t expect to meet her own ancestors.
What is buried in the grounds of the Foundation? What secret has Henry Hallam kept from his descendants for three hundred years? Can Mel escape her own past?
Visiting your relatives can sometimes be trying, but surely it should never be this difficult?
- Catch-1782 was the sixty-eighth monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions
- The Doctor has a pill he picked up as a hangover cure from Zanthas IV which successfully counteracts the effects of laudanum.
- The name is an obvious pun on Catch-22, a book published in 1961.
- The implication of the initial interior TARDIS scene is that Mel insisted that The Doctor change his outfit to attend the centenary celebration at the National Foundation for
- Scientific Research, and that he testily obeyed. Thus he likely was not wearing his traditional multi-coloured outfit for this adventure. However, the audio never makes clear exactly what he changed into, though the celebration was described as a”black tie affair.