A Death in the Family
Sylvester McCoy (the Doctor), Sophie Aldred (Ace), Philip Olivier (Hex), Maggie Stables (Evelyn), Ian Reddington (Nobody No One), John Dorney (Henry/Corporal/Novice), Alison Thea-Skot (Ayl-San/Faber/Nurse), Andrew Dickens (Captain Stillwell/Applin/Tour Guide), Harriet Kershaw (Ann-the-Van/Story Speaker/Webster)
“The future folds into the past. The homeless hero has fallen. Now begins the time of three tales: The Tale of the Herald, The Tale of the Hidden Woman and The Tale of the Final Speaker. When the last tale is told, all the lights shall fail. The world will end.”
21st century London: Nobody No One, the extra-dimensional Word Lord, is again running amok. Only this time, he’s unbeatable â€” and a terrible tragedy is about to unfold.
- A Death in the Family was the one hundred and fortieth monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions.
- Ace is incapable of flying the TARDIS.
- The Doctor has something like a calendar of when his friends will die.
- Nobody No-one wears a scarf in his new incarnation. He claims that it is a homage to the Doctor’s fourth incarnation.
- The voices of past Doctors being heard, as well as the Doctor dying and being brought back to life by a companion, will happen again. (The Name of the Doctor)
- Evelyn wistfully recalls “her” Doctor and criticises the Seventh Doctor for his scheming, manipulative nature.