Doctor Who: Doctor Who: Tom Baker Season 3 Blu Ray
BBC Studios continues to offer Doctor Who fans the opportunity to build their own home archive on Blu-ray. Debuting in July 2020 is Doctor Who: Tom Baker’s third season as The Doctor.
In 1976, Doctor Who took a dramatic new turn, electrifying audiences with changes in format, companion and appearance of the TARDIS. Season 14 saw the departure of the Doctor’s long-term companion Sarah Jane Smith, and the introduction of Leela. The season contains some of Tom Baker’s most iconic serials, with intrepid investigations in Victorian London, deadly robots in a murderous whodunit, a return to The Doctor’s homeworld, and one of the saddest goodbyes in Doctor Who history.
Producer Phillip Hinchliffe led Doctor Who through a creative high, joined by Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith, Louise Jameson as The Doctor’s captivating new companion Leela and guests stars Tim Pigott-Smith, Stephen Thorne, Peter Pratt, Pamela Salem, David Collings, Christopher Benjamin and Trevor Baxter.
Doctor Who: Tom Baker Season 3 includes the following stories and extras, spread out over 8 discs:
- The Masque of Mandragora
- The Hand of Fear
- The Deadly Assassin
- The Face of Evil
- The Robots of Death
- The Talons of Weng-Chiang
The new Blu-Ray release includes existing bonus material from the original DVDs as well as the brand new features
– Immersive 5.1 surround sound – The Deadly Assassin
– Brand new audio commentaries – Tom Baker and Mat thew Sweet on selected episodes of the Face of Evil and The Talons of Weng-Chiang.
– Behind the Sofa – New episodes with Tom Baker, Louise Jameson, Philip Hinchcliffe, plus companions Sophie Aldred and Peter Purves.
– Our Sarah Jane – Elisabeth Sladen Tribute – A feature-length look at the life and career of Sarah Jane Smith, played by Elisabeth Sladen.
– Whose Doctor Who Revisited – Toby Hadoke meets the producers and grown-up stars of the very first Who Documentary.
– In Conversation – Mat thew Sweet chats to producer Philip Hinchcliffe.
– Blu-Ray trailer – Louise Jameson has trouble with her new home assistant.
– Brand new interviews
– Rare archive material
– Convention footage
– HD photo galleries
– Scripts, costume designs, rare BBC production files and other gems from our PDF archive
+ Doctor Who: Tom Baker Season 3 Blu Ray is released on July 2020.