Colin Baker (The Doctor), Miranda Raison (Constance Clarke), Lisa Greenwood (Flip Jackson), Mat thew Cottle (Henry Clarke), Joel Fry (Kinvar/Rogers), Oliver Cotton (Major Callahan), Kate Kennedy (Ana), Robbie Stevens (Boyarov/Vilal General). Other parts portrayed by members of the cast.
It’s the telegram Constance never wanted to read:
DEEPLY REGRET TO INFORM YOU LT-CMDR H CLARKE LOST IN ACTION. CLASSIFIED OPERATIONS.
Those classified operations concerned a top-secret military project code-named ‘Quicksilver’. A project based in Vienna. A project with alien connections.
But bombed-out Vienna is not what it was before the war – with its Strauss music, its glamour and easy charm. It’s not the time nor the place for a happy reunion. As Constance Clarke is about to discover…
And as The Doctor is about to discover, too!
Written By:Matt Fitton
Directed By: Jamie Anderson
- Constance says things fall apart”even when one does nothing, ” which The Doctor notes is entropy.
- The Vilal attempt to track The Doctor by his psycho-trace.
- Entering the TARDIS is described as being”removed” from spacetime.
- Flip says her native time is 2012. She was transported to 1948 by the Vilals’ vortex scoop, which resembles an”upside-down whirlpool.” She calls Constance”Connie.”
- Neither Constance nor Flip know which of them The Doctor travelled with first.
- The Vilal and Zerith are at war in their home system. Both have access to the time vortex, but the Vilal are losing, with their homeworld surrounded.
- The Vilal resemble armoured trolls or hobgoblins, while the Zerith resemble six-foot tall glass praying mantises.
- The Doctor describes Kinvar as an organic a.i.
- At this time, in the few years after World War II, Vienna is divided into four zones patrolled by America, Great Britain, France, and Russia.
The British are using Quicksilver to spy on the Kremlin, but due to its alien nature, it could actually influence the minds within the Kremlin.
- Henry and Constance were unable to have children.
- The Doctor claims to be Lord President of Gallifrey (The Five Doctors, The Mysterious Planet and invokes the ten millions years of the Time Lords’ absolute power. (The Ultimate Foe
- Kinvar is another example of a living being used as a battle computer. (Remembrance of the Daleks)
- The Vilal track Flip using a sample of her biodata. (The Deadly Assassin)