The Moonbase DVD
Number of DVDs: 1
DVD Number: BBCDVD3698
Duration: 98 minutes
Release Date: 20 Jan. 2014
In 2070, Earth’s weather is controlled with ease from the Moon. When the TARDIS arrives at the Moonbase, The Doctor, along with his friends Polly, Ben and Jamie, is accused of starting a plague that is killing off the base’s crew. It’s not long, however, before the time travellers discover the true cause of the deaths – a powerful, unstoppable race that The Doctor has met before: the Cybermen.
This classic Second Doctor adventure is complete at last with two animated episodes!
- Fully remastered Episodes 2 and 4.
- Newly animated Episodes 1 and 3, using original off-screen soundtrack recordings.
- Commentary on Episodes 2 and 4: a traditional commentary with actors Anneke Wills, Frazer Hines and Edward Phillips and Special Sounds creator Brian Hodgson.
- Commentary on Episodes 1 and 3: a series of interviews featuring writer Kit Pedler’s daughters Lucy Pedler and Carol Topolski, archive interviews with producer Innes Lloyd, AFM Lovett Bickford, and Cyberman actors Barry Noble, Derek Chaffer and Reg Whitehead. Moderated and linked by Toby Hadoke.
- Lunar Landing – cast and crew look back on the making of the story. With actors Anneke Wills, Frazer Hines and Reg Whitehead, production assistant Desmond McCarthy.
- Photo Gallery – production, design and publicity photos from the story.
- Coming Soon – a trailer for a forthcoming DVD release.
- Radio Times listings.
- Programme subtitles.
- Subtitle Production Notes.