Colin Baker (The Doctor), Maggie Stables (Dr Evelyn Smythe), John Pickard (Thomas Brewster), Rory Kinnear (Samuel Belfrage), Warren Brown (Stephen Gibson), Joannah Tincey (Clara Stretton), Hugh Ross (Robert Stretton), Paul Chahidi (George Townsend)
19th century Lancashire: where the white heat of the Industrial Revolution burns hottest at Samuel Belfrage’s brass mill, a mill plagued by more than its fair share of work-related injuries.
While Thomas Brewster struggles to secure a fair deal for Belfrage’s overworked hands, fellow travellers The Doctor and Evelyn follow the Copper King to Liverpool, there to discover the unexpected truth about Belfrage’s business.
Back in Ackleton, the local MP voices the fears of many when he says that the machines are taking over. He’s more right than he knows…
Written By:Eddie Robson
Directed By: Nicholas Briggs
- Industrial Evolution was the one hundred and forty-fifth monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions.
- The Doctor refers to Miasimia Goria. (The Mark of the Rani)
- The Doctor uses his “Dr John Smith” alias while being introduced to Samuel Belfrage.
- Evelyn reminds The Doctor that she talked him into giving Brewster a second chance. (The Feast of Axos)
- official Industrial Evolution page at bigfinish.com