The Fall of Yquatine
Yquatine – cultural, political and economic centre of the Minerva System. A planet with a month to live.
Fitz knows. He was there when Yquatine fell. Now, trapped a month in the past, he doesn’t know if The Doctor survived. He doesn’t know where Compassion has gone. He doesn’t know who the invaders will be.
But he does know the date and time when he will die with themillions of others.
The Doctor teams up with Lou Lombardo – part-time dodgy temporal gadget salesman and full-time pie seller. Compassion is lost in time and space. And Fitz is living out his final days working in a seedy cocktail bar, where he meets Arielle, the President’s runaway girlfriend. But is she really the best person to shack up with?
As The Doctor tries to talk sense into the politicians and soldiers, and Compassion tries to avert the war, Fitz is about to discover that things can only get worse.
- The Fall of Yquatine was the thirty-second novel in the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures series. It was written by Nick Walters. It featured The Doctor, Fitz Kreiner and Compassion.
- The Doctor buys a Randomiser from his old friend Lou Lombardo.
- The Doctor forcibly installs a randomiser into Compassion believing it to be the only way to stay ahead of the Time Lords. From Compassion and Fitz’s point-of-view, this is analogous to rape. Because she didn’t accept the Randomiser, she has no way of bypassing it.
- The Treaty of Yquatine was signed in the Earth year 2893 by all ten planets in the Minerva system.
- Fitz remembers helping to save the creatures of the Dominion. (Dominion)